Indigenous Milk Medicine Week
Theme: Nourishing Our Futures
- This year's Indigenous Milk Medicine theme is "Nourishing Our Futures," in recognition of the power and respect this medicine has had for Indigenous peoples.
Revitalizing Culture Through Breastfeeding and Chestfeeding
In Celebration of Indigenous Milk Medicine Week
- Join speakers Kimberly Moore-Salas, IBCLC, and Amander Singer, CLC from the Navajo Breastfeeding Coalition. Together they will present a powerful discussion on the ancestral teachings around breastfeeding/chestfeeding in the Navajo culture in honor of Native Breastfeeding Week.
12th Annual Current Topics in Neonatology Nutrition and Advances in Neonatal Care
- Discuss the evidence behind the routine probiotics supplementation in preterm neonates for necrotizing enterocolitis prevention and improved growth pattern.
- Describe the need of periodic screen for acquired pulmonary vein stenosis in infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia, since medical and surgical treatment options are available.
- Explain the importance of rigorous evaluation of delayed cord clamping in the delivery room.
- Don't miss the opportunity to take part in Workshop Sessions from the leaders in our field!
- Science of the MotherBaby Bond: How Attachment Impacts Epigenetics, Brain Development and Stress
- Up in Smoke – Using Evidence to Inform Our Practice with Cannabis and Human Milk FeedingCan a Baby Be Allergic to Breastmilk: Sensitivities, Allergies, Galactosemia, and Lactose Intolerance
- Is Fem Tech our Friend?
This year’s virtual conference will offer a national space for learning, rich discussions, and mobilization to transform Black maternal health, rights, and justice. We need a place to be in the community together, to vision and dream, and to celebrate each other.
Widening the Lens to Improve Lactation Outcomes for All
Save time and money this year! No travel or lodging expense! We are making this a very interactive event, with lots of opportunities for you to network and chat with presenters as well as other attendees.