Healthcare Intake Specialist
Full-time (40 hrs/week), non-exempt position (On-site, no remote work)
$16.50/hr-$18.00/hr based on education and experience
The New York Milk Bank is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the health and survival of infants in need by providing them with safely pasteurized donor human milk when their mothers’ own milk is unavailable or insufficient.
We are looking for an individual passionate about infant health with knowledge of or experience with human milk feeding and pumping.
Our ideal candidate is attentive to detail, nonjudgmental, a good listener, and has excellent planning and time management skills.
Job Responsibilities (but are not limited to):
- Responds to calls and emails from individuals seeking information on breastmilk donation
- Provides a high level of customer service and has the experience to handle sensitive subject matter
- Types and composes clear and concise emails
- Works independently and as part of the team
- Maintains clear, accurate records and a clean and sanitary work area
- Follows established procedures to ensure milk is received and stored safely
Stocks necessary supplies at the start and end of each day
- Able to handle time sensitive material and confidential subject matter related to the health of women and infants is essential
- Able to interpret, understand, and apply complex guidelines
- Comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- High level of verbal and written communications skills
- MAC OS X proficient
- Able to lift 25 pounds and work on your feet
- Multi-lingual preferred, specifically Spanish